Hope you are all planning a lovely weekend. Just a few catch-ups on Root-Riot:Madison.
All of this info can be found at http://www.root-riot.com
- Learning Calendar
- Get Involved Activity Page
- Today’s + Tomorrows Learning Session (Bring your own umbrellas and chair)
- Monday Meeting on (Sunday Meeting Postponed)
- This just in… bike rack and possible table?
- Build a fence at Root-Riot: Haramee
- Wait list folks
1. Learning Calendar
The Learning Calender is taking shape. Sandra and Louise have been working hard to put it together and now it is on the web. Parts of it are still getting finalized, but remember it as a good-to-go-to web page for all the educational info that is happening with Root-Riot.
2. Get Involved!
In both gardens we have a lot of ideas for what to do coming out of the Regulars. I’ve put them together in a handy-dandy, shiny new chart that is on the web at http://www.root-riot.com, under (drum roll please! ) Get Involved. Based on conservations from folks, I’ve been changing the listing. Take a look at it for Monday’s team meeting.
3. Today’s + Tomorrows Learning Session
The second session in the Root-Riot Core Learning Series takes place this weekend. On Saturday, June 12th at 2:30 PM at the Madison and Grove site or Sunday, June 13th at 2:30 PM at the Harambee site (Race and Waller). Each day will have a different speaker but similar topics will be covered.
- This session (Maintaining Your Garden) will address maintenance issues like:
- Bugs! The good, the bad, and the maybe OK. Chemical and pesticide free solutions
- Nurturing the soil, adding compost, when and were
- Adding plants – lettuce is done. What do you do with that space now?
- Companion plants
4. Monday Meeting on (Sunday Meeting Postponed)
We are meeting Monday at Village Hall (that is the evite you get) We will then discuss setting up a standing meeting time and get that on the books so everyone can plan. Sunday, the Root-Riot: Network Level meeting has been postponed. Some of the folks we need have outstanding appointments and could not change them. We will pick a new time and let you know.
5. Oh! So Exciting!
It looks like a Root-Riot Regular may have a line on a picnic table and a Bike Rack. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed.
6. Building Our Fence
Sunday 6/13 is also a build day at the Harambee starting at 11:00 AM. We have material for a fence and we are continuing work on the common area. While the students will be working on this project, any amount of time that you can contribute would be appreciated.
7. We have room for 2 more beds. More to the wait list folks later this weekend.